The New Year starts today and making a commitment for 14 days is more manageable than making one for a year. Try the 14 Day Detox Diet to lose weight and clear toxins from your body, supplement it with some light exercise and see how you feel. If you feel better, keep going and feel good all year long.
People have reported the following improvements after doing a detox:
The dietary changes listed below are a general template for how you should eat. Making a few small changes to your diet can make a big difference to your health. Give it a shot for 14 days and see how much better you feel.
• Drink water – half of your bodyweight in ounces each day
• Drink smoothies and fresh vegetable juice (if you are buying prepared fruit or vegetable juice, make sure that it is low in sugar, less than 5 grams)
• Eat small, light meals
• Buy organic food – there’s no sense in adding more chemicals to your body when you’re trying to get rid of them
Foods to Enjoy
• Organic vegetables
• Organic fruits
• Organic lean meats and fish
• Organic olive and coconut oil
• Organic nuts and seeds
• Organic beans, lentils and legumes
• Organic non-gluten rice, oats, quinoa
Foods to Avoid
• Sugar, honey, maple syrup, artificial sweeteners
• Dairy products
• Gluten – wheat, rye, barley, spelt
If you don’t buy organic, you can still make the suggested changes and feel better (but, get organic if you can and feel even better. Organic even tastes better!). Wean yourself off of caffeine for the first few days or switch to green tea. If you need some ideas for meals, there are some on my blog along with some time saving tips to healthy eating. If you need some support, schedule an appointment with me and I’ll do a full health consultation with you and make suggestions for dietary and lifestyle changes along with detox supplements that will help your body heal.
As long as you’re eating better, take 20 minutes a day to exercise. If you can’t find 20 minutes a day, make time for 20 minutes of light exercise 3 times a week. Mild exercise helps the body detoxify and lose weight. If you regularly exercise, reduce the amount of exercise you typically do by half. If you don’t regularly exercise, try low impact, less strenuous activities to raise your heartbeat and start a light sweat. Try some of the less strenuous exercises listed below to get your blood flowing.
• Tai Chi
• Hiking in nature
• Bodyweight exercises
Start off the New Year with 14 days of healthy eating and living!