Soups are a comforting way to get more vegetables into your diet. This one is easy, inexpensive, and tastes great. Since it is blended, you get the same creamy texture of a milk-based soup but without the dairy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 12 oz. bags of organic frozen broccoli and cauliflower (commonly called Winter Blend)
2 organic garlic cloves
2 tbsp. organic chopped ginger
Organic Olive Oil
- Lightly coat the bottom of a large pan (with a lid) with olive oil and put pan on medium heat.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower florets to pan.
- Peel and chop garlic and ginger.
- Add garlic and ginger to broccoli and cauliflower in the pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water to pan and cover with lid.
- Cook until broccoli and cauliflower are tender, about 10 minutes or until a sharp knife runs cleanly through the vegetables.
- Add contents of pan into a blender in small batches and blend until smooth. You will need to add water to the mixture in the blender to make it the smooth consistency that you are looking for.
- After all of the mixture is blended smooth, season with salt and pepper and serve hot.