Time for Spring Cleaning-For Your Body!
Do you have any of the following issues…
- Difficulty Losing Weight?
- Poor Digestion?
- Abdominal Fat?
- Acid reflux or heartburn?
- Elevated liver levels?
- Hormone Imbalances (PMS or menopause issues)?
- Low Energy?
- Sleep Issues?
When the liver is not functioning properly you may have the symptoms listed above.
A healthy liver will give you better digestion, clear up skin issues, help your body lose weight and help you feel invigorated. It is one of the largest and hardest working organs in our body. The liver and other digestive organs help to digest and process food. The liver also filters and cleans the blood coming from the digestive tract before sending it to the rest of the body. In addition, the liver detoxifies chemicals, pesticides, food preservatives and heavy metals coming into the body while metabolizing drugs and alcohol.
The liver is able to regenerate but in order for it to heal, you need to take some action.
- Limit your exposure to chemicals (nail polish, perfume, cleaners, paint) and reduce your intake of alcohol, drugs (over the counter and prescription, among others), preservatives, pesticides and fertilizers.
- Begin eating whole organic foods instead of packaged foods or non-organic foods will greatly limit your exposure to chemicals.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits, especially dark leafy greens such as kale, spinach and dandelion greens.
- Support your liver detox with supplements such as dandelion, milk thistle, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, B complex, or Hepato-Synergy™.
If you need more specific guidance and support, feel free to schedule an appointment with me or see another health care professional. Take the time to clean your body this spring and start living a new life.